18 May 2007

Psalms 145

This is an e-mail I sent to my parents earlier today, and ties in to my earlier post, "The Flight of the Phoenix," and shows very readily how gracious our God is!

I have had it running through my head since about 10 AM this morning.
Becky Taylor had asked for some help moving her things out of her apartment, so John Pinney and I headed over there at 9:30 AM. We were done pretty quick, and I was going to head to the Summit for lunch, but it was far too early.

As normal, I started thinking of finances, because I knew I had some Pacific Cash to use up. I knew that I had a credit in my account from co-op because I only had to pay half tuition, and knew I had left a few hundred dollars in their, only part of it being used for Pacific Cash. Since it was still morning and I had time to kill, I headed over to the Finance Office to see if I could get some of that money back. I expected between $150-300, because I knew it wasn't much. I had already taken a bunch out.

When I got there and the lady looked up my account I noticed the bottom line read "-$1500", and I thought to myself, "Dear Lord, I cannot pay that type of money right now!" How had I been that far in the hole? I knew something couldn't be right about it, but they trust their system.

She turned to me and said, "Looks like you have some Financial Aid that carried over from the Spring Semester; would you like to receive a refund check?"

It floored me. I didn't really know how to respond, but she started filling out the refund form, so I guess I told her yes. As I walked out, Psalms 145 came to mind:
"The LORD is gracious and merciful;
Slow to anger and great in lovingkindness.
The LORD is good to all,
And His mercies are over all His works.
All Your works shall give thanks to You, O LORD,
And Your godly ones shall bless You.
They shall speak of the glory of Your kingdom
And talk of Your power;
To make known to the sons of men Your mighty acts
And the glory of the majesty of Your kingdom.
Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
And Your dominion endures throughout all generations.

"The LORD sustains all who fall
And raises up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all who look to You,
And You give them their food in due time.
You open Your hand
And satisfy the desire of every living thing."
(v. 8-16)

And I was singing it all the way home. Shane and Shane put a great melody to verse 8 and 9, and it was on my lips all morning!

Jehovah Jirah!

in Him,
me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a blessed morning; thanks for helping me move stuff. :) I appreciated your willingness to be there so early (as well as to eat a Weight Watcher bar in lieu of a real granola bar and drink cocoa from a pink princess cup). ;)